• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade now or wait

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

datafiend

Hello all,

Im new to the forum and overclocking, however I have been doing a lot of research and spending time on this forum, which is great. My question is should I wait until the mobo's that support 533MHz FSB and PC1066 RDRAM comes out? Or, should I get a mobo that supports DDR memory? This is what I cant decice on. Any help would be great.

If you know for sure what you want and its not available yet then wait. But If you are just waiting for the next hot new technology by the time you wait for it to be available it will already be old news. In other words you can always wait but you will never catch up. As for your question about DDR or RDRAM to me its kinda a toss up. DDR 333 or 400 will be fine for now and the near future but it apears that RDRAM has a lot of potential if it continues to be supported by intel. From what I see until you get to speeds above 2600mhz or so DDR does just fine and I have heard that there is better DDR to come in the future. So either wait and see or go for it and have fun now.

Back