• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally a review that mentions the CODE 26 bug ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats the BETA bios thats been out for a while is it not? and it didn't fix my cold boot problem... If it's different i'll give it a go...:)

Well all I can say is "****e" cos that's what that new BETA bios is, straight after flashing what happens... oh look... CODE 26... fixed my arse.... took me 4 attempts to boot, then once I got into my bios, changed a few setting's saved and exited and... lo and behold... CODE 26.... back on the 4X bios again, anyting higher and I get more cold boot problems, with the 4X I can boot 1 in 2 times, with the 6h, I can ONLY boot at default speed, with the first Beta, 1 - 5 times, with the Beta 2 about 1 - 4... will they ever fix it... :mad:

I'm gonna be forced to buy a new board soon :(

HeXaDeCiMaL said:
Well all I can say is "****e" cos that's what that new BETA bios is, straight after flashing what happens... oh look... CODE 26... fixed my arse.... took me 4 attempts to boot, then once I got into my bios, changed a few setting's saved and exited and... lo and behold... CODE 26.... back on the 4X bios again, anyting higher and I get more cold boot problems, with the 4X I can boot 1 in 2 times, with the 6h, I can ONLY boot at default speed, with the first Beta, 1 - 5 times, with the Beta 2 about 1 - 4... will they ever fix it... :mad:

I'm gonna be forced to buy a new board soon :(

im bemused that everyone has no problem with it except you

are you 100% certain you have the right one?

saytan said:

im bemused that everyone has no problem with it except you

are you 100% certain you have the right one?

I got he one from HERE and that didn't work gave me the problems mentioned above....

I also tried the one that someone linked to in one of there posts exactly teh same problem....

Right, I have got rid of teh cold boot problem using Mr. N's &C bios, however now I can't boot unless my memory is set by SPD... whereas I used to boot @ 2,5,2,2 all the way up2 142Mhz FSB.... Back to 4X and Boot problems we go.... :rolleyes:

Back