• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shouldn't my Crucial score higher than this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I have started playing the lower clock/higher fsb game a little. I have my 1800XP at 1600, 10x160. Everything seems stable as a rock. Crucial PC2100 at cas2 and the most aggresive timings you can set in bios so I figure I should get some good mem score so I fired up Sandra and pic below is what I got. I am quite surprised

Well that didn't work, I cannot remember how to insert the pics. Anyway here are the numbers
IntALU = 710
FloatFPU = 746

Am I doing something wrong?

Might try the new Sisoft. It recognizes the mem correctly. It looks to me like you are using the older version.

You were right, updated to 2002 and I got this (if I get it right this time)

Feeling better I take it. Now tweak the ram and see what you can get out of it. Take Care and have fun.:)

I don't know what else I can do. All the bios settings are maxed, only can go to 164fsb. I guess I can try the +33 on the ram speed, but I figured it would crash big-time trying that. Thank's for the help. Sometimes you can't see the forest, etc.....

Hmmm, guess I was dreaming when I thought I saw a +33 on the ram bus, only a -33. But I did go up to 164 with all ram settings on max. 1 Sandra benchmark completed without a problem. Will try and stress it out to see if it is stable. You gotta love the XP, I could only get to 153 with my old 1.3 T-Bird.
Here's the bench:

Attachments

• sandra 164.jpg
    sandra 164.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 224
I think you should be able to get your score a lot higher as you have 512 mb of ram at 160fsb.

I know my score of 2059 is really low for 256mb of pc2100 on my K7S5A.
You can get your score higher w/ a little more tweaking.

I believe that if you go to one stick you will find it easier to gain stability at a higher fsb.
What voltage are you running the ddr at?

Ram volts are at 2.7 and had to back down to 160fsb. I guess one of my hdd's got finicky, got a couple of little errors. Temps are good though, 38 to 39. Well, I think that is enough for tonite. Time for bed.

Timings already at the fastest I can get with the 266a chipset. I really need to upgrade to the KT3,,,mugh-ha-ha-ha-ha :)

One of the big advantage going to KT333 chip set is that ==>

There is a PCI/AGP divider of 1/5 at FSB @166 (I am using Epox 8k3a+). With this divider, you can push up your CPU bus to 166 and still remain the AGP/PCI at stock 66/33 speed.

The major benefit is to take full advantage of PC2700 or above RAM. There should be new BIOS to add another 1/6 divider @199 Mhz. I am really looking forward to see that new BIOS...:).

Of all reviews I have read, I think Cruial PC2100 top speed is in 160s, which is still very very good considering it uses 7ns memory chip. Once you combine KT-333 and DDR 333 or DDR 400, you can really get high FSB. Bellow is a little bit of my experience for my KT-333 + DDR333:

I have tried both KingMax PC2700 and Samsung PC2700 on Epox 8k3a+.

* Kingmax ==> the best I could get was 180x10 (I was using 1900XP at that time). The RAM timing was set at 2-2-2-5-1. Which is set to "turbo" and also set the time commend from "auto" to 1T. I did raised the Vcore to 2.1V and Ram core to 3.1V on my 8k3a+. In addition, I have modified my case quite a bit for good cooling.

* Samsung ==> I am still waiting for my order of Samsung "original" PC2700. Meanwhile, I am lucky enough to work right next to a memory company (ATP). They are a small company focusing on high end RAM. So, I borrowed their Samsung chip (based on ATP designed PCB) PC2700 RAM (512MB).

Test result ==> In VR-Zone's review, their Samsung original RAM (which is based on Samsung design PCB) reached 209Mhz @ turbo setting. My result was 201 Mhz x 8.5 (I used 2000XP in this test) but I used turbo plus forcing time command at 1T instead of Auto. With slow timing setting, FSB could reach 220Mhz.

I am not sure the result difference was cuased by setting slightly different or maybe ATP designed PCB isnt up to the standard of Samsung original? Another possisbility is that the chip itself may just slight different on speed tolorence.

I will do a comparasion once my Samsung original RAM arrive. And see if I can have closer result compared to that review.

Even though the ATP's Samsung PC2700 is little slower. However, 201Mhz at turbo setting is still very respectalbe. I think I will still make the purchase of the RAM they lend me...

Epox 8k3a+ (rev. 1.2)
Kingmax PC2700
TwinMos PC2700 (Windbond chip)
Samsung PC2700
CoolerMaster ATC210 modified with 8 fans
Thermalright AX-7 with Delta 80CFM
PC mods rheobus 4 channel fan controller (17W per channel)
digiDoc5 for temp hardware monitoring
2 x IBM ATA 100 HD
Toshiba 16x DVD and Pelixter CD-ROM

MV99

This is as good as I could get the crucial 2100 to run on water only.

Attachments

• sisoft12.jpg
    sisoft12.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 127
you should be getting better performance out of that crucial pc2100. I have 2*256 of their 2100 and just ran SiSoft mem benchmark at 145 FSB (with most aggressive settings) and got 2201,2059. You should be getting much higher at your FSB.

MSI K7T266 Pro2
Athlon XP1800+
2*256 crucial pc2100 2-2-2
Windows XP

memory

hey everyone!
i am new to the overclockers scene and i was wondering how these numbers were for what i have. i dont know much about tweaking so i was wondering if there were any f.a.q's on how to play with the setting of my system.

is ecc mem slowing me down?

this mem is crucial 2100 2x256 ecc (it was free) mem settings, 8,8,6,2,2,2,2 i have read many posts and i was told this is aggresive timing. if anyone has a better timing they reccomend to get higher scores let me know

oh yeah 11.5x149

Back