• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 440ZX support Celemine or Tualatin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poluga

Hi,

I have a friend that has this socket 370 board:

http://www.soyo.com.tw/product/7izm.htm

I was wondering can I put a celemine or a tualatin in there? It supports 100mhz bus, but does not support voltage adjustments. I thought there was some way to hack the board. Anyone tried socket 370 440zx with celemine or tualatin?

welcome to the forums!

your best bet would be to email Soyo. According to that page, the board only supports Celeron PPGA CPUs and those max out at 533. You can probably get it to run Coppermine CPUs with a simple BIOS update, but maybe not. Tualatins will take that new BIOS AND some pin wrapping.

The ZX chipset is maaaad old. Should get your friend to upgrade his board before he gets a new chip, IMHO.

Thanks for the welcome. I was here before the forums got this nice look, but forgot my id. I can't even use the classifieds. I guess I'll email Soyo. I think they'll tell me to buy a new board. I'm trying to keep this upgrade as cheap as possible. If this board doesn't work out, I'll go with amd. Slot A's are cheap.

right on man. I bet Soyo would give you the info you wanted- i don't think they speak English well enough to try a sales pitch:)

If you lost your old ID try sending a PM to Skip, the forum admin- I bet he'll help you dig it out.

The forums sure do look better. Real easy on the eyes. Great job!

Back