• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Board To Overclock Tualatin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
About your avatar....?

Did you misspelled the word in purpose or just missed it?

"TUALATIN"....."TAULATIN" ?????

wow good catch

thanks man I didn't catch that one I'll just have to change that when I get home.

I'll definatly have to go with the st6 whats your highest fsb, and cpu speed

Re: wow good catch

Fieldski said:
thanks man I didn't catch that one I'll just have to change that when I get home.

I'll definatly have to go with the st6 whats your highest fsb, and cpu speed

I have hit 190fsb with it personally and 1800MHz water chilled and chip stable. I ran it at this speed for about amonth before I found a little bit of ice builup on my cpu. Did awesome for that month though. I am going to wait till I can put this thng on a PIV northwood.:D The chip is still alive and running 1.6GHz on air.

thats a good overclock I cant wait till I get the board. I'de like to get one off of ebay but I don't currently see one. I might have to check pricewatch. I dont think I'll go liquid cooled but I'll definately get her as high as I can.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting the Abit ST6 RAID or the ASUS TUSL C. I also just purchased an IWill DVD266u-rn but I hear it is very unstable when overclocked are there any other ddr tualatin boards out there? re:

Duallie

I'm really indecisive about going back to singular thats why I bought the I Will dually first. The I will supports a raid system and DDR. I would like to go singular again but it just wouldn't compair to the stability of the duallies.

dude, being an ocer, OVERCLOCK is everything...;) although i am somehow a bit tired of my noisy fan (i promise u i will smash it to pieces once i got my GlaciatorII)

hi!

before you buy the tusl2-c you might want to think twice as it's voltage regulator for the cpu is limited to 1.825 volts. check the threads. its in here sumwhere.

tualatin

well,
the iwill dvd266u-rn board came today I paid 160 shipped from a friend cant wait for the ram to get here I went with a 256 pc2100 micron chip. I am still looking into the Abit ST6 RAID or the ASUS TUSL C I think I will go with the ST6 Raid just for a little fun. Is that it for the ddr tualatin boards?

ST6. No doubt. RAID version if you need it.

For a cheaper alternative, the ABit VH6T is a great choice. Via chipset, 1 ISA slot.

ST6 is a sdram based board, not ddr, but it is great board nonetheless. actually, after trying out duron (1.23g, 2700, 123fsb) and celeron-t (1.33g, sdram 133fsb), thay are pretty equal, but duron will eat any p3 or celeron under 1.8g in terms of folding.

raid

is the raid board that much faster than just one 7200rpm system? I think that the st6 is the way to go I'll have to start looking for a good deal.

p4 and folding

Interesting that p4,celerons are being eaten alive by amd's chips. I was wondering if the cel-t's were the same or better. Please advise.

Re: Re: wow good catch

ol' man said:

I have hit 190fsb with it personally and 1800MHz water chilled and chip stable. I ran it at this speed for about amonth before I found a little bit of ice builup on my cpu. Did awesome for that month though. I am going to wait till I can put this thng on a PIV northwood.:D The chip is still alive and running 1.6GHz on air.

Note he is using the P3-S, not a Taulatin Celeron or 256k P3. Don't expect to get 190fsb on the P3-S. I am currently using the ST6 and it is a solid board, though I think there is room for improvement. I cast my vote for the ST6 though. Rock solid, and can overclock. Allows for you to bump up the voltage to 1.825 and fsb to 250 (although you will never use 250...if you do let me know lol).

Back