• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are they going to do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

are ram manufacturers going to start making ram sticks with the new bga ram like on the gf4 ti-4600? will this offer a benifit.....one thing i noticed is how much smaller the chips are. what do you guys think?

I think they will be making the gf4 ti4200 cards with the bga. I think the gf4 ti4400 and 4600 are using normal thogh.

it is the other way around....the 4400 and 4600 come with bga standard, and the 4200 might come with it.....i know this because i have a 4600...but im talking about system ram....like pc2100 or something

It'll be expensive as hell but can you imagine having 3.6ns - 3.8ns modules?!?!?!?!?! That would make the current DDR333(recognized) & DDR400(unrecognized) look really slow:eek: :cool:

Istari1 said:
Kingmax already makes DDR Ram sticks with BGA chips, they have been for a while.

Josh

Do you mean with 3,6ns ram or??? Post a link if so...

elysium

Istari1 said:
Kingmax already makes DDR Ram sticks with BGA chips, they have been for a while.

Josh
Yes we all know that. Tiny BGA to be a little bit more accurate BUT they have not made anything available to the public close to 3.6ns - 3.8ns for system ram.

Back