• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KingMax PC150...how good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technician

I thinking about replacing my current 512mb sticks (generic) with KingMax PC150 (that TinyBGA stuff). Can anyone give me the low down on it? Appreciate it :)

They are OK, but mixed results depending on motherboard. Make sure you get the latest revision PCB, 1.0 or 1.1 or something. I got mine from Multiwave.

They do around 150 2-2-2, which is as good as you can expect to do with 512 MB ram, one stick or two. I was hoping one stick might take me higher but nope.

For some reason, on my BE6-II Rev. 2.0, it will only do 150 at 3-3-3. Maybe it has to do with the 440BX chip only recognizing it as 256 MB. I was going to return the stick but decided to keep it since one stick of 512 MB is convenient. It is also recognized as 512 MB on a CUSL board, which is no mean feat. Many feel the board only recognizes 512 MB sticks as 256.

One thing I don't like about it is the PCB is very flexy compared to Mushkin or PowMem ram. You could probably get 2-256 MB sticks of these that would do the same 150 2-2-2, on all the motherboards.

it depends on your mobo really!! i got a 256mb, and i cann't do anything above 124mb if i put it in my soyo bx board; however, i can do all the way up to 180fsb cas2(boot, load, but chip cannot handle that kind of speed) in my ST6.

You can always search and read some reviews about them.

On the other hand i can tell you about my
Corsair XMS PC-150 Cas2 that is a great performer
(tested @160 mhz cas2....2-2-2-5/7 settings)

I'm running an Abit KT7A-RAID (see my signature)...are there any indications on how well the RAM will perform on my board?

Back