• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please read.... Johnny Mo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scalia

Registered
Hi, I've suceeded in overclocking my 2 RDRAM 128/8 0207H sticks to 4X151Mhz=604,, but there seems to be a problem with Prime95 giving an error at that memory speed; I ran Memtest86 forever to just make sure RAM is not the problem, and the 1.6a cpu runs Prime95 just fine at 151Mhz with 3X RDRAM.

The mobo is a TH7-II RAID with DRCG and RDRAM cooled by
small heatsinks.

Have you tested your 4X152 setting with Prime95?

BTW, the RDRAM sticks will only do 134 at stock vrambus;
they are currently being energized with 2.8volts by vmem mod.

Thanks,
-Rich

I have read that the ICS RDRAM clock chips on the TH7II are only rated for 400MHZ. There is a reserved setting listed in their specs which is the same as the TI clock chips 533MHZ setting. This leads me to believe that the ICS chips are capable but can't produce a clean enough signal at those speeds. Might be certain batch chips can and certain ones can't. This seems like it might be related to the problem your having. The RDRAM can do it but the clock generator chips can't give a clean signal at that high a frequency. I have been considering getting a pair of the TI chips for myself and replacing my ICS chips with them. They are smd devices but not too difficult to replace with the right tools (which I have). If I do this I will post my results here.

Scalia said:
Hi, I've suceeded in overclocking my 2 RDRAM 128/8 0207H sticks to 4X151Mhz=604,, but there seems to be a problem with Prime95 giving an error at that memory speed; I ran Memtest86 forever to just make sure RAM is not the problem, and the 1.6a cpu runs Prime95 just fine at 151Mhz with 3X RDRAM.

The mobo is a TH7-II RAID with DRCG and RDRAM cooled by
small heatsinks.

Have you tested your 4X152 setting with Prime95?

BTW, the RDRAM sticks will only do 134 at stock vrambus;
they are currently being energized with 2.8volts by vmem mod.

Yes, I only consider a setting stable if it cooks Prime95 Torture Test for 24 hrs without an error. I also like to use J. Vuorio [sp?] 's CPU Stability Tester 6.0 as it really heats the CPU up big time and tests several different components. Prime95 is very very memory intensive, so I think it's a good test of the RAMBUS stability (as well as L2). I haven't provided any especial memory cooling. I've noticed the 0205H chips get just warm to the touch at 608mhz. I have not modified my TH7II-R's vrambus. Maybe I should :beer:

Johnny Mo

Back