• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help settingup abit TH7-II w/1.6a P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marcxs

Registered
Well it boots up and says CPU is not functioning or has been changed. Check soft menu. If I try to continue with the boot from cd (XPpro) I get an alarm sound. The temps are fine. I was trying to set up raid with both hard drives set as Master/seperate cables. In the mean time windows setup ran and I didn't get F6 pressed in time. I have know Idea what to do next. I stopped the setup from running. Yes the freaking alarm was running during all this. I guess I paniced? any help would be great. The Bios seems to be set up correctly. Although it seems to default to the CPU speed to 1700(100) ?

More info

When I reset the the speed to 1600(100) it doesn't stop and ask me to reset softmenu. But as soon as it start's to the next screen about press Ctnl-h to enter HPT bios settings the alarm goes off? The cables are still set for raid. All appear to be connected correctly. The Board Bios is ID #38. The alarm thing happened the first time I went beyond the intial Boot. Meaning after I went into soft menu and checked the bios setting, I then tried to load windows and as soon as it started spinning the cd-rom actually just before that the alarm went off? Help!

Check your cpu temp in bios menu and fan speeds, these could set off an alarm. Also don't connect any fan to the psu fan header.

Ok well the alarm thing is stopped. So now onto the bigger prob. I'm having a difficult time getting the raid drivers installed. When I get to the screen where I select S to specify a on board controller It doesn't seem to do anything. I insert the floppy as instructed but after a few moments. The same instruction appears saying please insert manufactures disc into drive A and hit enter. I tried the pro 100 floppy that came with the motherboard and the one I downloaded from abit. HPT-370 for clean install with XP

Is your CPU fan connected to the CPU fan plug on the motherboard? If not, then the alarm is sounding off because the motherboard detects 0RPMs for the CPU fan.
You can disable this alarm somewhere in the BIOS (can't remember where though...)

[nevermind... didn't see that you already solved the alarm problem...]

SET IT UP AS USER DEFINED AND YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST BIOS ON ABITS SITE
USER DEFINED
100/33
FIX AGP 66
AND SET VOLTS HIGH AS WILL GO
KEY F 10 OUT

SET RAM AT 4X

i JUST PUT A 1.6 IN THIS ONE AND I HAVE IT A 140 FSB 2250 MHZ
1.7 VOLTS
RAM AT 3X

Back