• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK the temp results are in!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Well for starters the whole test was a flop! I have photos and did document all of the recordings. I'm not buying my findings though. The highest reading I could obtain was 25.4C in the case. I recorded temps in about 7 different areas of the machine. Between the RAM, underneath the PS, between CPU & RAM, just above the VC, and twice in the PCI rage as well as the area around all the caps just left of the CPU. The range was in the area of a 4C to 7C difference from the RTD calibrator I used. I'm checking air because I cannot contact anything with the metal probe that was used to conduct the test. Thats why I don't beleive in the results. I feel I should almost contact the sensor or chip thats recording the mobo temp. As I pondered over these results I rememberd a method Tom used in his Video with the overheating CPU's (AMD). Then it hit me my bud has one of those heat guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my machine is now apart for the Maze 3 install as well as the new and improved voltage mod. Since it is apart I will take temps on both the CPU and various spots on the MOBO. I still have no clue where the mobo picks up the overall machine temp or if its an average of several. I'll do all of this this weekend and have in stone results for anyone who's interested. This has now become a mission! Anyone who wants to see the results from today's test just e-mail me and I'll send em otherwise I will wait to post the infared readings instead.

Back