• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S333-M question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevVikanova

I want to build a lan box and was looking at micro ATX boards. The P4S333-M is perfect except that the manual says there are no vCore adjustments, but the full ATX mobo (P4S333) has them.

My question is has anyone here tried flashing the P4S333-M with a P4S333 bios to get those features back? Is there any other way to get the voltage adjusts?

Welcome to Overclockers.com

I have a P4S333-M and its one of the nicest micro boards around. I have tried flashing to the P4S333 bios but had no luck getting it to boot. I also have tried voltmoding the board but still had no luck. You can vid pin your P4 for up to 1.85v, thats all you really need. Take a look Here for information on vid pinning. I just flashed the new 1.05 bios and now I can run my ram with the 4:5 divisor. At 145 FSB my ram is now 181 MHz! At 132 FSB I was able to use the 3:5 divisor to get my ram up to 220 MHz. I am very pleased with the stability and overclockability of the board.

Here is sandra at 132 FSB and ram at 220 MHz 2.5,3,3 timing
3g.jpg

Thx for the welcome and the fast reply!

Well, its too bad that the features aren't available in BIOS but I will probably try the pin mod you suggested.

The P4S333-M is at a good price here in Canada and the feature set is perfect for a LAN box. I had looked at Flex-ATX boards, but I couldn't find any with an AGP slot. The Micro ATX isn't that much larger, so it was a nice compromise.

I've also been impressed with the SiS chipsets in general: the price/performance and stability of the SiS based boards is impressive. I have 2 s370 SiS boards, bought them for $75 brand new (1x AGP, 5xPCI, snd on board) which is DAMN cheap here in Canada (about $30 cheaper than the cheapest crappiest boards around). And they've worked without issue since i have owned them, which is remarkable in that I cannot say the same for the myriad VIA based chipsets I have owned over the years.

Let us know how it all turns out. I love how you can get a stable chipset, lan and sound for less than almost any board around. Make shure you get some good quality ram like samsung PC2700 or Mushkin PC3000 you can take advantage of the P4's love for fast memmory.

Back