• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ppl using the TUSL2-C..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

do u have the settings "CPU Latency Timer" and "Command Per Cycle" enabled in the BIOS? WHY?
i can recall something about what they r for but i cant figure it out well the best way to set both.
does anyone has a link to somewhere with an explanation about the settings?
thanks.

nothing about them there. they r two difficult settings to find out an explanation of. the best one i got came from the mobos manual so far.
im going to enable the cpu latency timer and to disable the command per cycle.
thanks for the links.

strange. disabling the command per cycle will cause the system to lockup in the very end of the 3dmark2k1 bench. in the manual this setting is supposed to work only with the 815E/T chipsets, the ones with the onboard video. mine is EP, no video, so it shouldnt work with mine.
does anyone have a clue why disabling it will cause instability?

how do u guys set the SDRAM Data Driving Mode?

h2k, take a look at the MD Driving Strength here. im not sure this is just like the SDRAM Data Driving Mode but it does seem very similar to it.
im testing mine in the strong mode. i got no errors so far and the sisoft sandra memory benchmark increased a bit.

ocjoel, how do u know that? i couldnt find any information anywhere about both up to now. maybe you know what im looking for. why do they need to be enabled for better performance?

heh, i won't do your homework... i've already given you the thread... just read it, its in there... my next tip will no longer be free it'll cost you a buck...

version 7 Bios manual:cool:

i cant beleive i cant find those settings in the guide. ill keep em enabled for now.

im not sure but it seems that the strong mode caused some error in 3dmark. if youre going to test it again try running some memory benchmark, like sandras. mine got a improvement with the strong mode. too bad it causes the errors.

I got a small increase with strong, but that's it. Same program errors still occured. Also, I noticed more freezing with strong mode enabled.

oTTO said:
i cant beleive i cant find those settings in the guide. ill keep em enabled for now.

im not sure but it seems that the strong mode caused some error in 3dmark. if youre going to test it again try running some memory benchmark, like sandras. mine got a improvement with the strong mode. too bad it causes the errors.

http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/New_BIOS_Guide/Index.htm

here, whatever settings you need to know its in alphabetical order by listing.... sheesh! that'll be one dollar plz!!!

ocjoel said:

http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/New_BIOS_Guide/Index.htm

here, whatever settings you need to know its in alphabetical order by listing.... sheesh! that'll be one dollar plz!!!

ocjoel, you will end up paying ME that one dollar.. :D
where the heck did u find out those settings in the guide??

i knew the guide before you post the link here but i knwe the older version, 6 something. that in the link is newer and a lot of settings r still just unavailable; yet there is no "command per cycle" or "cpu latency timer" there.

try the older version!!!

its more complete as of today than that version 7... ok???

I've wondered about those settings myself. exactly the ones you are inquiring, believe me, ITS THERE. 2 dollarz plz!!!

aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh@!!!!!! heeeelp!!!

http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm

that's version 6.5

MD Driving Strength

Options : Hi/High, Lo/Low

The MD Driving Strength determines the signal strength of the memory data line. The higher the value, the stronger the signal. It is mainly used to boost the DRAM driving capability with heavier DRAM loads (multiple and/or double-sided DIMMs). So, if you are using a heavy DRAM load, you should set this function to Hi or High.

Due to the nature of this BIOS option, it's possible to use it as an aid in overclocking the memory bus. Your SDRAM DIMM may not overclock as well as you wanted it to. But by raising the signal strength of the memory data line, it is possible to improve its stability at overclocked speeds.

But this is not a surefire way of overclocking the memory bus. In addition, increasing the memory bus signal strength will not improve the performance of the SDRAM DIMMs. So, it's advisable to leave the MD Driving Strength at Lo/Low unless you have a high DRAM load or if you are trying to stabilize an overclocked DIMM.

source:
http://www.itcp.net/~awsh/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_02g.htm

i leave it up to you to read the other versions...

the md driving strenght i knew already, and ive searched the version 6.5 even before i notice there was a version 7. im sure there is none of those two settings over there ocjoel!! you stop charging me the money or im going to dare you to find out those two settings over there!!!
;)

Back