• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This A Ram Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HugoHenry

Disabled
So, I got my FSB up to 149. Seems whenever I go over 149 WIndows pretty much comes to a Crawl. I can Get it to boot up to 159 without a problem, but doing anything other than looking is a joke. It won't even reboot. I have 2-2-2-5 on Ram at 149. I tried it at default 2.5-3-6 and still happens. What could be causing this if it isn't the Ram.
I have Kingmax PC2700 2x256MB Sticks.
Rest of system in the sig.

Thanks Guys
Henry

Sounds like maybe your hard drives or hard drive controller.
If you have a spare drive you can hook it to the ide port for a test.
Raid tends to start showing problems at higher fsb's earlier than regular ide.

Last edited:
Oops sorry about that. Haven't updated my SPecs in a while. I no Longer have them on Raid. Just IDE.

I think you need to unlock your chip to get more, since I think you've hit the limit to your chip.

The majority of people with the XP series can only go to 150 fsb's locked.

Malaki Ive ran that for hours on end at 159 with no problems

Yodums. My chip is unlocked.

Here is the odd part. My board was tested up to 175FSB. But, When I go to 160FSB It won't even boot. All the fans and HD kick on but nothing happens.
Think It my MOBO.

I am going to do the VMOD to it shorltly. Then I should be able to get to 12x150 range and won't need to go over 150.
But as for now I would like to see 11x157 or 10.5x166
Just can't figure out why over 150 it starts to slow down.

Placid Im going to check out what you were talking about. I don't remember seeing anything like that in bios but ill look around.

Placid I don't havethat as a option in my bios. Where would I be able to select that?

Usually where you have your hard drive controller options.
Integrated Peripherals section maybe.
Sorry never had a soyo dragon.

No, I don't see anything like that in there. Or anywhere in the bios. But, I do know it is runningin Ultra DMA MOde 2. As per what Windows said.

ANy other Ideas. I am thinking about getting a new MOBO. Maybe the new SOYO Dragon Ultra.

Change it in windows if you know how.
If it stops the problem try different ide drivers and a different drive cable.

Make sure nothing is sharing irq's per msinfo32.exe other than irq holders.

I dont' know how to check that in windows.
I have a few things sharing IRQ:
10 Modem
10 USB COntroller
10 Usb Controller
10 Usb controller
11 Video Card
11 Sound Card
11 Ethernet controller

If these are the problems, How can I change. them. i though WinXP Allowed for IRQ sharing.

SOmeone help me with this. Its really annoying.

Could not having my CHip unlocked correctly be the problem. Ive recently notice that I can't select 7-10.5 Multiplier, But I can get 6 11, 11.5 and so on.

Back