• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking P4 2.2 & Asus P4TE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryw2

Registered
Can anyone tell me what the various temp ratings of cpu's mean.
The probe utility with this board shows cpu temp from 57c idle to 64c under full load. I have read others who claim to have cpu temps in the 40 to 50c range. Is this a different measurement.
My cpu shows 51c right after boot up. I need to know if these temps are ok before I raise fsb.

That's way too high for a non O/C'd processor. Either your probe is way off or you don't have the heatsink mounted right on that thing. My P4 1.6 overclocked to 2.4 Ghz runs around 21-24C when idling and usually tops out around 42C max when under load.

harryw2 said:
Can anyone tell me what the various temp ratings of cpu's mean.
The probe utility with this board shows cpu temp from 57c idle to 64c under full load. I have read others who claim to have cpu temps in the 40 to 50c range. Is this a different measurement.
My cpu shows 51c right after boot up. I need to know if these temps are ok before I raise fsb.
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
Asus probe is way off unless you get one of the newest versions. I've been running MBM5 it is very accurate on temperatures. I would definatly try a different monitor utility though before you start raising the fsb.:D :beer:

I keep hearing the ASUS probe is about 10C too high. just cut off 10C from the reading to get your actual temps.

Yea, even the latest probe is still off.

MospeadasDark said:
I keep hearing the ASUS probe is about 10C too high. just cut off 10C from the reading to get your actual temps.

Yea, even the latest probe is still off.

On my board 10° less would not have been enough!!

I was shocked seeing my CPU @ 60°C with ASUS Probe....:mad:

SiSoft Sandra tells me my CPU is @ 38°C - that sounds better to me :cool:

CYA
Bigsexy

Back