• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cumputer World, Carlton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

msman

Hello All,
I am a newbie and have never overclocked. I would like to overclock my Pentium 2 350Mhz processor. I am running it on a 440BX motherboard, does this motherboard support overclocking?
I would appreciate it if somebody could reply to this thread with either information or a website with information that would help my query.

welcome to the forums, msman!

We need to know what specific brand and model of motherboard you have. The 440BX chipset was a blessing for overclockers, it worked so well- but not all motherboards have the features you need to take advantage of it.

The front page overclockers.com has a huge list of topics in th eleft column- just about any question you could have has an answer in there! Anything you can't find, we can help out with.

Good idea to read up as much as possible on your setup- reviews, etc. With the right mobo and a little knowledge you should be able to get 450mhz or more out of your CPU.

Back