• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you overclock a Intel P2 440BX Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

msman

Hello All,
I am a newbie and have never overclocked. I would like to overclock my Pentium 2 350Mhz processor. I am running it on a 440BX motherboard, does this motherboard support overclocking?
I would appreciate it if somebody could reply to this thread with either information or a website with information that would help my query.

The BX chipset can be overclocked and was used on a ton of different motherboards, the key thing we need to know is what brand and model board you have. If it's an Intel made board I doubt your gonna be able to overclock it. If it's an aftermarket board check the BIOS and see if you can adjust the Front Side Bus anywhere in it.

Who makes the motherboard? If it is compaq, you cant. trust me. I have one (not in use ) If it is intel, sheck to see if the PLL is supported by CPUCOOL.

Back