• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT

Registered
I have a 1.8a Northwood on a TH7-II. Question is how accurate are the temperature guages that come on these motherboards?? I have heard that motherboard temperature guages are usually off.

Don't worry about your temp for the time being. Another member is doing a test as we speak to validate what a lot of us have been thinking all along; THE SENSORS ON THIS BOARD ARE WRONG!!!! I for instance, replaced the retail heasink/fan with a thermaltake volcano 7+, used AR3, and installed 4 brand new Panasonic Panaflows. After all was said and done, my temp dropped 1 degree Celcius. I would have to say something is wrong with the sensors.

I think that they are pretty good and seem to be right for my system

Using the Intel HSF w/ black thermal tape

System 1: 29c
CPU: 36c
System 2: 51.5c

System 2 is the probe taped to the heat spreader on one of my 256mb rimms.

Grant

mine with stock HSF ran 47c idle

i cut out the fan and screwed in 60mm delta (WHAT)
and it took it to 39c @idle

these temps are MBM5

mine is stock HSF with Servisol, 2x 80mm case fans blowing over cpu and video card.

1.8a @ 2322

Winbond
Idle, 33 Case 43 CPU
Full Load 40 Case 55 CPU

This is exactly why I feel the temps are whacked. I am cooliing with H20, water wetter, and Arctic 2. It's known that water tranfers heat 25 to 30 times more effectively than air. All my temps are recorded in my basement which sets around 66 - 68 C. I can't get more than a 1-2 degrees C movement in either direction. It's strange to see people overclock with the stock heatsink and black tape maintaining temps in the mid 30's. Maybe this temp issue varies from board to board.

Last edited:
Back