• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 4sda+ power connector??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Want to buy that need board :)

But were is that little 12volt power connector on that board, I know they have it on MSI and Asus, so were the h.... is it on this Epox board??

thats the prob with epox boards they take the energy out of the 5v line wich goes down to 4.8 here... you see my spu in signature?

Could be this (no ATX12v plug) the cause of high CPU temps in 4SDA+?

I had one 4sda+ and my P4 1,6A temps were 10+ degrees higher than other P4 Mobos, and i could never get o/c over 2,13 ghz.

Hi,

This is probably against the overclocker forum rules but I can't be bothered to cut and paste.

Myself and a guy called Foo have been having a discussion about the absence of ATX12V headers on this forum:

try http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=397385

If you don't want to read the whole thread the quick and dirty summary is that it is probably Ok to use just the single pin in the ATX connector to feed p4 core reg with 12V if the motherboard manufacturer has done a good job of routing etc, you are using a good PSU with low resistance cables (shortish and gold plated). I wouldn't design a motherboard without a ATX12V header, but I think it can be done and still work :D

Aintslgaengrr, All P4 boards take the power from the 12V supply without exception. if your 5V is dropping to 4.8V its something else that is causing that.

Epox's next 845E and 845G baords are coming out with no ATX12V header.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

ok normally in not oc-ed 5v is at 4.97 if i overclock it highit goes down to 4.9
~4.85 was the deepest value i've ever had ...or something about/like that

but this psu should be good or?
i heard that enermax is often nor so stable in 5V

Hi,

I don't actually have a p4 system yet, about to buy one in the next 2 weeks.

I am probably going to go for the latest enermax 431 FCA, can't seem to get hold of an antec true power in the UK.

I had also read that the 5V on some older enermaxs was not very "stiff".

The 5V will be used on the motherboard to supply digital and analogue circuits. It is also used to as an input supply to regulators that then supply voltage to your RAM, chipset etc. 3V3 is used in the same way.

The 5V you measure is that on your motherboard, it would be interesting to know whether the 5V on your peripherals, hard disk etc goes down as well or is it just local to your mb and maybe due to cable drop? Do you have access to a multimeter? If you do, the red wire on a peripheral is 5V and the two blacks are ground, yellow is 12V.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

Back