• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3V4X no post, up and down beeps... n e 1 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Byter

Hi !

The computer worked great before.

I tried to reset the BIOS and nothing.

The mobo is giving me like a low and high beeps in an ends loop.

Its not the mem or the video card beeps.

I took everything out (everything!) and left only the PSU and the CPU plugged and still the beeps ....

I tried another CPU and the same ...

N E 1 ???

HELP plz

10x 4 your time

i love my p3v4x! very affectionate for that board. still powers my P3 600e, and overclocking it to 800mhz.

did you try downloading all the bios utils and using the 'CLRCMOS' program?

try reseating your processor also.

I was going to give you a link to a great P3V4X site, but it doesn't appear to be there anymore. From my hazy memory, I seem to recall alot of people having a grounding issue with the MB mounting. Try it out of case and pay particular attention (maybe omit) the mount up by the P/S2 ports. Hope that helps.

Dennis

I dont understand completly ...
what should i do with the PS/2 ?
"...the mount up by the P/S2 ports..."

The screwhole by the keyboard/mouse connections (on the MB). That particular mounting point has been known to cause some issues with the P3V4X - instability, no boot, random flakiness. Alot of people ended up just omitting that mount. Still think you should first try a minimal configuration with the MB removed from your case - CPU, 1 stick RAM, video.

Dennis

I changed the PSU and checked it all again ... well the system does not stay stable to long it locks up and after boot it usually gives the police like beeps.... any idea ?
the asus support say its the winbond chip but what does it mean and what do i do ?

Back