• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Survival story "I can't beleive it still works"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
Well about a month and a half agothere was a large windstorm that cut power to my house for a week. I was determined to keep crunching seti so i hooked up a generator to my avr thinking that the avr would handle any problems (wrong). about the fourth day my computer started turning off (all by its-self) i couldent figure it out. While working on my computer i accadently spilled sprite onto my m/board (thank god my computer was unplugged) i finally took it to a freinds house to see if he could figure out what was wrong with it. i had left for a couple of hours (meanwhile my freind took out my 1.6 to have a look @ it). When he put it back in he dident lock it into place so half the pins where in and half the pins out. then he attempted to start it and my computer completely died. well after re-inserting my processor (the right way) i realized in the bios that all my voltages where all off.

so after fixing all the problems the only thing that died was the powersupply.

now i have 1 month 1 week 2days and 6 hours of uptime without any problems

How long to ya guys think it will hold out?

sorry but my inet acess will be cut for a couple of weeks so i won't be able to reply.

Back