• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4t-e or th7-ii, which has more stability, foolproofness?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

well soon i will b building pretty much my first comp from nothing for my brother, and i plan on it being the 1.8A oced to 133fsb, thats all. which mobo would be the best for just doin 133 fsb with least voltage increase etc. and best stability cause my brother only plays games n knows too little about computers.

The Abit or Asus question I see is something of personal preference. Both boards are excellent overclockers, but IMO, if you want simplicity and features, I would go with the Abit TH7II board. For one thing, if you get the RAID version, you get more IDE ports in case you want to add more HDs or even use the RAID features that come with the board. Also, for a 133MHz FSB on the Asus board, you have to do the wire trick and use jumpers to get 133MHz FSB. From my understanding, the current Asus motherboard won't allow you to go the 133MHz FSB in the BIOS and you have to use jumpers to achieve this speed. When you use jumpers though, the BIOS disables the voltage adjustment features. This is where the wire trick comes in. (Somebody correct me if I got this completely wrong.) With the Abit board, you can do all of this in the BIOS without having to worry about jumpers and if you use Mr.Natural's BIOS you can get up to 1.85V in the BIOS. Either way you go though, you can't go wrong.

the best one would really be the cheapest one, as they both can do the 133fsb pretty easily! Keep in mind tho that the RDRAM is VERY sensitive to the buffer!

Personally i would go for the asus

Back