• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What drivers are needed for Win XP & Abit TH&-II?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You don't *need* any extra drivers to get XP installed. After the OS install I installed the latest raid driver and the latest Intel application accelerator, not the ones off the Abit CD.

All the drivers already come with Windows XP, except for the newer RAID driver and Intel Application Accelerator

The last two replies were what I would suggest too.

However I installed the INF first because I did not find the instructions saying that I did not need to. And all is working great. So, intalling the INF first does not kill things.

But I got an email from Intel saying that only the Application Accelerator was recommended for XP. And if you follow all the links when reading about the INF it says it is not needed for XP. Get the most recent Application Accelerator off the Intel site.

As far as the HighPoint driver, if your using BIOS 38 which comes with HPT BIOS 2.0.1024 embedded, you install driver 2.0.1019 off the Abit site.

A question for those of you that use the Mr. Natural BIOS. Does he embedd one of the more recent HighPoint BIOSs that has a matching driver into his BIOS version?

Grant

Back