• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8IRXP OR GA-8SRX wich one to buy??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

I´m standing here and don´t know wich board i shall buy from Gigabyte so what board shall i buy.

I know that the GA-8SRX model support PC-2700 and the GA-8IRXP doesn´t but the IRXP has more features than 8SRX have.

and i have Samsung PC-2700 but wich one is best and wich one should i buy???

Please help me!!! :(

The 8srx is Sis a based ane the other is intel based chip set. Everything I have read and heard leads me to beleive that the 8srx would be a better oc'ing board because of all of the the dividers available for the memory. Go to Asusboards.com and look at the thread in other chipsets section and you will find a treasure chest of info. I Know its not an Asus board but theres a sticky thread there for reference.
Good luck

yes - the 8IRXP "normally" does not support PC2700 -
but it works very well for me!!!

This is want I have:

GA-8IRXP and 2x256 PC2700 (!) original Samsung

I run them actually at 2x181Mhz (-> 362Mhz)

here some SiS Sandras:
sandra_01.jpg

sandra_02.jpg

Go for the 8SRX.Ihave this motherboard and i must say that is the best i have ever try.Very fast and stable at high FSB settings.The bios has a lot of overclocking options:

FSB 100-200 MHZ
CPU VOLTAGE: 1.100-1.825V with 0.025 step
AGP VOLTAGE
DDR VOLTAGE: Up to 2.8V
AGP,PCI and RAM dividers

Back