• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What best 2700? Need response ASAP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

Hi. I was having troubles ocing my cpu and the reason was my ram. mushkin sent me the wrong type. Anywho, i am done with mushkin. I am gonna get my ddr from Newegg.com ... can you please tell me what type i should get? i am gonna order tonight so please respond asap. thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactory.asp?catalog=147&DEPA=1

BTW, i need 512mb... preferably in one dimm but if two 256's are cheaper i will take that.

I would like to OC so whatever type is the best i will have that.

i got 2 256mb samsung even though it was cheaper for one 512 because i heard that you can get higher fsb's w/ 2 dimms than 1

Emericana said:
i got 2 256mb samsung even though it was cheaper for one 512 because i heard that you can get higher fsb's w/ 2 dimms than 1

Incorrect. As a general rule, the less sticks the better.

If you want to use it at 2.8v or more you do.
I didn't "burn" in my 512mb samsung 2700 and it does 220mhz at 2.7v.

what does burn in mean? i planned to run it at the most aggressive settings at 2.7vcore ....

i am going to try for a overclock of 11x166x 1.9 vcore with the ram (higher fsb if possible)

Samsung 2700 should run at 166mhz with 2.5v.

Burning in the memory means running it at a low speed with more voltage until it can run at that voltage without errors then raising the speed and repeating.

I think there are many different imitation samsung 2700 around.
The two 256mb sticks I got have powmem on the pcb.

They did 210mhz on my epox board without any work and 216mhz after burning it for a few days.

The original samsung 2700 I have clocks higher and runs at faster timings than the imitations.

Last edited:
great! i guess i'll put my order in later today.

im stuck between 1 x 256 or 1 x 512. is the 80$ justified
with the more ram, will i ever use it???

i have windows XP and am a mad gamer!

Placid said:
I think there are many different imitation samsung 2700 around.
The two 256mb sticks I got have powmem on the pcb.

They did 210mhz on my epox board without any work and 216mhz after burning it for a few days.

The original samsung 2700 I have clocks higher and runs at faster timings than the imitations.

Hi Placid,

Hope to get some opinion from you. My Samsung original hasnt arrived yet. I do have a 3rd party Samsung PC2700 made by ATP (they are right next door to my office and got it at their cost).

The result from ATP Ram is 201 @2-2-2-5-1 and 215 @ "normal" with my 8k3a.

How much better in your experience that indicate the performace difference between original and your 3rd party Samsung RAM?

==> What I mean is that do you see bandwith efficiency difference @ same FSB in Sandra report?

Thanks a lot!!!

Epox 8k3a+ (rev. 1.2)
AMD 2000XP
Corsair XMS3000 -- 199 @ 2-2-2-5-1
Kingmax PC2700 -- 180 @ 2-2-2-5-1
TwinMos PC2700 (Windbond chip stamping A version) -- fail @ 2-2-2-5-1
Samsung PC2700 (ATP designed; still waiting for Samsung original) -- 201 @ 2-2-2-5-1
CoolerMaster ATC210 modified with 8 fans
Thermalright AX-7 with Delta 80CFM
PC mods rheobus 4 channel fan controller (17W per channel)
digiDoc5 for temp hardware monitoring
2 x IBM ATA 100 HD
Toshiba 16x DVD and Pelxter CD-ROM

MV99

hey MV, can i have any of the memory you arent using?
lol, doesnt hurt to ask :p

i got my ram... i could NOT run at 2.5 stable with the ram set at 166mhz (ram only, fsb is still at 133). It would restart my pc whenever i would do the Sandra Memory bandwith thing. However, bumping up the vcore to 2.7 fixed that problem and now everything appears to be rock stable.

my one question is are these scores normal memory ones? they look pretty low to me. this is w/ my samsung.... these are at the most aggresive settings you can have (turbo mode in epox bios w/ ram set at 166mhz)

Back