• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ahh! help with C1 code on 8kha+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raley

Registered
WTF is going wrong? I had this SAME EXACT PROBLEM last time and CMA'd the ram back to newegg for a new chip... it STILL WILL NOT WORK... someone pleeaaasee help and tell me ANYTHING that could be wrong... Do I need the vid card/monitor plugged in to boot it up? If so it might be a monitor problem but I don't know... I keep getting C1 and the short repetitive beat... somebody please please please help, I am going insane...

my dad trusted me to make this for my brother and it is not working and he is losing his patience I can tell... someone please help... thank you

ps. epox 8kha+ samsung pc2700 ddr geforce 3 ti 450 golden sample, crappy crappy crappy 15" 4 year old gateway monitor, doesnt work half the time, d link 530tx+ network card, maxtor 7200 rpm 40 gig hard drive, old old old crappy floppy from the 4 year old gateway, lite on 52x cd rom... i unplugged the harddrive floppy and cd rom for now and all their cables because it was not working and I thought that might be the problem... someone please give me some insight... thanks

Reseat the Ram it might not be in all the way. Are you clipping the clips or are they automatically clipping when you push the ram in?

ive seated the ram... ive pushed it in so hard... you won't believe... i let it clip itself then hit the clips as well... it is definitely in there... any more help? please... thanks

just tried with the monitor and video card that I know work... no dice... I am sure the processor core is not crushed as I took it off and reapplied arctic silver and reattached it... is there something small I could be missing? Like a missed plug or something is in the wrong socket? Do I need fans to be plug into the board? Because currently none of them are... there are a few things coming out of the PSU that I have not used that are not regular 4 pin, they are odd shaped, must I use these?

Anything guys? Thanks a lot...

The 8k7a does not require fans to be hooked up, the only power supply connector needed is the atx one.

The board or cpu are probably defective.
Without having a known good board to test the cpu or a known good cpu to test in the board there is no sure way to tell.

If you don't have a freind or family member with either a amd board or cpu you can use for testing maybe try taking the board,cpu and memory to a local computer repair shop where they can test them so you will know for sure what is bad.

Back