• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory bandwidth efficiency(?!?)...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiseryQ

I got a board from Newegg a couple weeks ago...
I did'nt pay attention its a Epox 8KHA,,, hell only $50 so I thinks its still a good deal,,, maybe...

After reading some reviews taht mentioned Samsung is pretty good and thats the only DDR I could get local I got it... PC2100...

On Sandra testing the memory score is only 1333/1355mb/s @ 56% efficiency!!!

I see a lot of benches higher with PC2100 and over 90% efficiency...

Is there any memory tweaking I can do?!? Or is it the KT266 chipset?!?

HELP...

If it's not an 8KHA+, then it's only the KT266 chipset and won't do near as well as the KT266A.

I just reset the bios settings to all SPD and picked up 2% and over 133points...

Are there any register trick that can be done?!?
I looked over the weekend and found none...

I think its just the kt266 chipset like Jon mentioned... I'm just going to have to sell it on ebay or live with it...

surfinguru said:
Don't feel too bad, I only get 26% efficiency with my Abit ST6 and Celey1.2. :(
That's at a 132 FSB.:rolleyes:
Hmm, Something is totaly wrong with that picture. You should get at least 80% efficianscy with the ST6 mobo. You must have someting/not releasing/stealling your memory. I get at least 53% with onboard video(shared memory). Dont Know what it is but its not right.

Well, that's the weird part. My Sandra scores are pretty much in line with what I would expect it to be. At 132 fsb, I'm getting:

Int 989
Float 970 (guessing since I can't remember for sure)

That's about right for CA2 133 set to 2-5/7-2-2 from the other benchies I've seen. I just think it's another one of Sandra's "features."

Does the memory benchmark in Sadra take into account programs using memory...

Should everything be shut down or maybe Clearmem ran before testing the memory?!?

Back