• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4s333

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Nuttz

Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent
OK I swapped my P4T-E into the air box and put the P4S333 into the water box. I'm able to run @ a fsb of 145 instead of being stuck @ 142. My question is has anybody done a vpin mod and also used the .2 vcore jumper? I think if I could get my vcore around 1.9-1.925 I could bump my fsb up to 150. I tried it with the 1.7 vpin and it was showing 1.8 with the .2 jumper. I tried 1.85 vpin and the .2 and no post. Anybody running their settings like this?

Yes I have done the vid pin mod, and it does work. Now I used to have your problem with the no post at 150fsb, so you can try this. When you restart the computer, and the monitor just stays black hit the restart button on your computer works everytime for me. Also look at your ram timings, because if I set them to really aggresive timings then I have to hit the restart button, but if I relax them a bit it starts on it's own. The .2 voltage jumper should help you out with the oc'ing. Good luck

I dont care for the DDR too much so I swapped back.:D Seems like my P4T-E has become old faithfull.:D I just cant wait for the beloved PC1066 & P4T-533. I was able to run a little faster fsb but my RAM was alot slower. So I guess I'll wait a month for PC1066 before I swap to another board.

Thanx Bignuttz,

You just answered my "why is the T533 better than the S533" question.

What chipset will it be using?

So DDR333 just doesn't cut it compared to the PC1066?

Supposedly DDR333 O/Cs higher than the original Rambus mem.

I want long term rock solid stability in whatever O/Ced system I eventually go with.

I sold my 2.0 Willamette and bought 1.6a. I put my 1.8a in my kids rig. I did the 1.7 volt mod. Its running at 133 fsb. I dropped the 1.6a in my P4T-E. I'm currently trying to get stabilty between 150 fsb and 156 fsb. I was so glad to sell the Wilma.:D

Back