• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SIS 645dx motherboards ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davefred99

I have been looking at the new SIS 645dx chipset and have just about made up my mind as to wich one I like best but I would like some feedback from the troops before I make my final decission. So far The p4s533 looks like my 1st choice but the Gigabyte 8srx or 8srx+ look pretty good too. Are there any other 645dx boards that are soon to be released like a newer abit sd7533 or anything. I have made my mind up that I definetly will go the DDR route and know that many out there will say RDRAM is better but I honestly think that DDR has more upside with future dual channel ddr or ddr11 in the future.

hmm let's see good 645dx boards.... I've ehard a few good things about teh asus p4s533..... only hting it doesn't support usb 2.0
the gigabyte is a great board! I was looking into getting it too... basically just for the dual bios.. if your a newbie get the gigabyte because of the dual bios you got a back up in case you screw up :D oh well welcome to the forums and have fun with the new system!

eh i saw the abit one... entitled sx7-533 it looks alright...... but didn't sis ask for an active heatsink on the northbridge? or was it intel.... darn i forgot all these darned chipset makers making my head spin :burn: oh wel just be advised if you want a chip for overclocking i would go with any of the sis's but make sure your motherboard supports agressive meory timings so you can overclock your memory to 400 mhz (make sure to get samsung tho) and get a heat sink for it as it gets hot (i know trust me)... This way the dx boards out perform theI850 chipset (the fastest out right now which has rambus capable of going 800mhz)

Back