• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got to ask..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have a fairely new Gateway motherboard,for an Intel P3,933 Coppermine,is there a way to get the functions in the Bios to work,Gateway has them backed out so you cannot use them,I have a good CPU,but I would like to be able to up the FSB a bit.
Is there any way around this,or do I need to get a new board for a P3?
Thanks;)

same trouble

My roommate has the same problem on his HP P3 933 puter. The bios is gutted of any useful options. I updated his bios and got nothing new. I'm not even sure what the model of his motherboard is, but its made by Asus. HP just asked for the computer's model in order to get the new bios.

If I was able to figure out the mobo model, could I try flashing it with a bios direct from Asus?

Yes I tryed the update,but it was from Gateway,as he said I cannot find the model # on the board at all,just a serial # through Gateway,I assumed it was an Intel board but I am not sure.I guess if I want to use it or overclock it I will have to buy a new board:rolleyes:

p3 boards aren't that expensive... btw if your boards from intel you can't overclock, as the bios won't let you adjust fsb or voltage or anything else that is needed for an overclock.... (cries stupid intel and their overclockless boards!) This is why there boards generally are the cheapest for the chipsets! (a friend of mine got the intel d850mv and he couldn't overclock because of this...)

Back