• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you using the "Fix" option?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LarryJoe

I am and I wish there was a program that could tell be if they are really running in spec. Sandra doesn't do AGP and PCI bus speeds.

Just curious, I am currently running a 125 fsb and using "fix". Does this really fix things?

At speed above 125 FSB, my 2.0a won't load Windows unless I have it set to "fix" so it must be working fairly good. What a coincidence. I can reach 2.66 gig also, but 2.5 gig seems to be the sweet spot for my system too (rock stable, runs much cooler, and requires considerably less voltage).

What a coincidence indeed...

On my 2.0a, I also found that 125FSB was the optimal setting. Anything higher than this requires considerably more voltage and produces a sharp increase in temperatures!

Thanks guys. Seems to be consistent stories here. I too, need a lot more voltage (1.875) to get to 2.667 stable with a lot more heat.

Getiting to 2.667 took a lot of effort, where 2.5 came natural.

I literally setup my first Intel system today since my last Intel one which was a DX2/66.

So quick question what is the "fix". I think i am missing something especially since I am trying to get as up to speed as possible.

The info around here is great :)

Fix is an option in the Softmenu of the Abit TH7II BIOS. It puts the AGP/PCI speed at a fixed 33/66MHz speed (i.e. in spec), even when overclocking the Front Side Bus.

Back