• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Right - DDR or RDRAM and Which Mobo???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXaDeCiMaL

I have an ABIT BD7 with 256Mb of Samsung PC2700 memory at the moment, and I REALLY DO NOT LIKE this board.... So i'm wondering whether to sell it all and get RDRAM and a new mobo, or just a new mobo.... and I do not want a TH7II or any other board cursed by the fooking cold boot bug...

I'm thinking of Epox or ASUS i'm not bothered what chipset as long as it clocks well and is stable, I don't care about raid....

Thanks alot for the help :)

HeX

ya people been getting problem with the bd7.. did you try getting the bios update? I heard that update fixed alot of things...
As to your question of should you get ddr or rdram... look at your wallet.. if it's empty get the ddr board as you already have the ddr.. but if it's bulging thick with tons and tons of money falling out get the rdram, as the p4 was really built on the rdram.. and it is the best performing ram for a p4 system

Back