• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II is vmem reduction possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FragMagnet

Registered
I am looking for a way to reduce the voltage to my mem. By default, it is 2.54v. If I use the 4x setting I can run:
2.54v = 135fsb
2.6v = 128fsb
Using 3x
2.54v = 173 fsb
2.6v = 166 fsb

Any help appreciated.

why not? Just put a bigger pot in. looks like you already did the mod since you are adjusting the voltage. I did the mode and put it to 2.7v and got nothing more or less out of the mem. But your results are interesting.

edit. Thought about it, probably won't work.

I've seen boads at 2.48v in the 180 fsb range, so that is what I would like to try. Core temps are 42c, and voltage is below 1.85v, and I an increase it to whatever I need.

O.K. I ungrounded my vmod which defaulted to 2.54v. Then I hooked the wire to the 2.5v source, and now the vmod is in reverse. It defaulted to 2.44v.
@2.54v = max @ 4x was 135 fsb
@2.44v = max @ 4x was 141 fsb

Seems like the Samsung ram is Voltage sensitive. I usualy run at 173 3x, I haven't tried it there though, and I have to head to work. I will update later tonight.

More info can be found in this thread

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390052

Interesting. Let us know of your results. I think I may try to reduce the voltage on my vmem if it works out for you.

so are you guys saying that you get a better overclock on the rdram when you decrease voltage?

Back