• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the 4SDA+ any good???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXaDeCiMaL

Hello!

I currently have what the sig says, however I really do not like this ABIT BD7, also I have another stick of Samsung Original PC2700 and if I put em both in it wont let me boot unless the memory is running @ 142Mhz :mad:

This is unacceptable, so I am thinking of getting this board :)

Owners of this board can u answer me a few quick questions please :) thanks...

1 : Does this board have the bloody annoying Cold Boot problem?

2 : How high can the V core adjustment go (no Vpin mod)

3 : How high can memory voltage go?

4 : Can I run my CPU @ 133FSB and my memory @ 166Mhz or higher?

5 : How is the boards stability ?

6 : Would you have bought the board knowing what you know now, and would you recommend it?

Thanks alot ppl :)

HeX

1 : Does this board have the bloody annoying Cold Boot problem?
No

2 : How high can the V core adjustment go (no Vpin mod)
2.15v

3 : How high can memory voltage go?
3.2v

4 : Can I run my CPU @ 133FSB and my memory @ 166Mhz or higher?
cpu at 100 or 133 and memory at 166 or 200mhz, I run 136fsb and 204mhz memory

5 : How is the boards stability ?
excellent.

6 : Would you have bought the board knowing what you know now, and would you recommend it?

Yes and yes.

I have tested 2x256 samsung 2700 in my 4sda and it was stable to 210mhz.

Last edited:
So your sure it's the board and not that your cpu just won't run faster?
Your getting a 720mhz overclock.

ok i tried opening my window and led out the two year old air...
the temps went down 10°;-))

i could reach 2409 but my memory won't do it ;( grr

ok but its cheap retail cooled

HeXaDeCiMaL, it looks like most of your questions have been answered, so I'll give you my recent experience FWIW. I wrestled for quite a while re which P4 board to get. I had settled on the EPoX 4BDA+ board, only to have newegg.com drop it right about the time I was ordering (they've since reinstated it on their site).

So, I decided to go for the 4SDA+ board, and I have to say I'm not the least bit disappointed in my decision. I had also thought I'd get the 1.8A, but ended up w/ the 1.6A as most indicated I'd see little real world performance difference between the two.

Long story short, the board fired up first time, and hasn't skipped a beat since. I have two 256MB DDR PC2100 Crucial sticks onboard. Two days ago I upped them in the BIOS to PC2700, w/ no voltage increase. Hasn't hiccuped yet <g>.

The High Point 372 controls a single Seagate Barracuda IV 40GB drive, and the onboard controller runs a LiteOn DVD and Yamaha CD-RW off the master channels. Now that I've had about ten days w/ this board I'm very pleased w/ the decision. Flashed the BIOS to 2408, w/o a doubt one of the easiest flashes I've done.

Last edited:
I am still playing with my 4sda+ but so far looks pretty good.

Having troubles getting to 2.4Ghz with my P4-1.6a.

My Ram really is working well and @210mhz.

i wouldnt get the epox ep4sda if i was u, try the i845 version which gives the same voltages etc and no cold boots, the epox version of the sis chipset is shoddy, my own personal experience being that my 1.6a which does 2.55 in my msi 845(which i love gr8 board once u vmod it ;)) would only do 2.2 stable in the poxy epox, basically anything above 145 fsb was a no go :(

many other users from a forum im in have had similar probs, at 133 its the best p4 mobo u can get as u can run ram at 200 fsb, over that and it sucks

Back