• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

256 Corsair PC 3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I am curious if this enough memory to run XP along with Raid and everything eles I have in this box?
It seems slow sometimes,it is set @ 200X8 on the FSB runs good and stable and temps are ok,but I hate to take the other 256 out of the other puter because that MSI KT3 runs great with it in there and I hate to buy another.What do you guys think,I know the easy answer is buy another Dimm,but wife is already ready to through these boxes out the window:argue:
But she just may go first:D Just kiddin..
But do you think I am loosing performance running just 256?
The raid isnt installed yet but it will today..
Thanks for any replys;)

i think XP runs better with 512mb of Memory....but i could be wrong...i have 2 sticks of XMS3000 in my machine, with icq, cacheman, zonealarm, folding@home and explorer running, only 166.4mb of ram is used....and i have 2 40G in Raid0...so i guess as long as you don't do too much multi-tasking, 256mb is enough...just run Cacheman in the back ground to recover the memory every 15mins or so..thats what i'm doing:D

This will probably be the dumbest this I ever asked,but could I mix a Dimm of 2700 Kingmax with the Corsair???
:eek:

LOL, i asked that one b4;)

yes, you can mix them together to get a total of 512mb, but in terms of OCing, since the 2 ram is rated differently, the 2700 may bottleneck you once you are at high FSB. but the kingmax are good ram, and with your mobo, i don't see you will have much problem under 200FSB...thats all depends on your kingmax...

Ok I am running a little over 200 right now,ive had it as high as 210,but didnt go any further,but with the Kingmax it seemed to lose its stability @ about 191,well if it wont hurt to try I will give it a shot..
Thanks;)

Back