• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BD7 boards available in UK in 1-2 weeks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wittynewt

Hi all,

My first post on these forums. Great site for info. :D

I am about to make a leap into p4 territory and retire my bx6r2 with PIII 850 to server status.

I am considering either the BD7-RAID or EPoX BDa2+ RAID as my motherboard.

I was also considering the EPoX SDA2+RAID but the layout just doesn't look very easy to deal with. The BD7 looks to have an almost perfect layout of IDE, power etc.

I was pricing things up today and noticed that Dabs in the UK has listed BD7-II-RAID boards available in two weeks.

link at:
http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info3-info.asp?&m=y&quicklinx=201B

Dabs say that this board will be using the new 845E chipset that supports 133 FSB and 333 DDRAM. Anyone know anything else about these boards?

Other features that I might expect? Hopefully they will have fixed the cold boot problem and the tight RAM socket issue I have read about on this site. :burn:

I'll try to wait out the weeks , I think, prices of the 845D boards will also come down if I decide to get one of those instead.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

i845E does NOT support DDR333 (see the review for the IT7 at Hexus today). It looks like it does overclock well but no official DDR 333.

I thought the new Abit BD7 and Abit TH7II BIOS's fixed the cold boot problem completely. I know the cold boot problem is fixed in the Abit TH7II with the Abit beta and MrNaturals 7D BIOS files. I can't speak for the BD7 though, since I don't own one.

Back