• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why don't I see these BIOS settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff_H

Registered
Guys,

I'm on my first EPoX board (4SDA+), and the noob in me has come forth, as I'm trying to view and possibly change some settings, but for the life of me I can't find them. These settings include: System BIOS Cacheable, Video BIOS Cacheable, Video RAM Cacheable, and Video BIOS Shadowing.

FYI processor is P4-1.6A, memory is two 256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR. System is running fine, but I'd like to at least determine what the above settings are currently. I'm apparently just not getting to the right place in the BIOS. Any help you can give me is appreciated.

TIA,

Jeff

Here's the interesting thing. I updated the BIOS to the latest (2408). I was looking at the manual that accompanied the board, and it references (under Advanced DRAM Control, in the original BIOS) settings that are not there under the 2408 BIOS. Settings such as Safe Mode, Normal Mode, Fast Mode, Turbo Mode, Ultra Mode. Nor can I find the settings I mentioned in my original post..

Oh well, maybe it's an oversight on EPoX's part and they'll correct it in the next BIOS update. Or, is it possible the BIOS flash didn't take completely. I can't imagine such a thing happening. If it did, it would be a first time I've seen it. I can only guesstimate I've flashed thirty BIOS' over the past five years and I've never seen features "disappear" as a result of a BIOS update.

The Video BIOS Shadowing option is under the adavanced bios menu- bottom setting. pg 4-1 in the manual

The normal-fast-turbo settings were replaced with the manual style settings. Most prefer the manual settings as they give you more flexibility.

Thanks Placid for the pointer. Are the other BIOS settings (System BIOS Cacheable, Video BIOS Cacheable, Video RAM Cacheable) present in the 2408 BIOS? I can't seem to find them.

No, I don't know why those settings are not options it might be the chipset does not support them.

I have never encountered any stablilty problems with the board so I would guess those settings are off.

Nor have I Placid, I'm just curious why they don't show up. And, I can't say if they were there in the delivered BIOS version, as I didn't look for them. FWIW re stability, I have two sticks of Crucial PC2100 256MB DDR and they've been running at PC2700 levels for two days now w/o a hiccup, at standard voltage.

Back