• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adding fsb setting in my bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

when i tried cpufsb i saw that i had clock setting that where not in my bios then i saw on cypress internet site(my clock generator company)that those setting where in the clock generator and not forced by cpufsb so my question is ,is there any poosibility to add those setting in my bios so that the change can be made by the bios instead of making them true window

You could see if there is a flash upgrade for your motherboard bios. If that doesn't work then you are probably stuck.

If the FSB options are available in the clock generator, but not in the BIOS, then it's theorically possible to hack the BIOS code to allow this, but the only one I know of here at the forum that is good at doing this BIOS editing is Mr. Natural.

if you can help me i thank you in advance

my mobo is a trinity 400 from tyan or if you want model s1854

here is the answer i got from mrnatural (thanx for the info mrnatural)

if this can help you
I see you own a Tyan Trinity. I've attempted to d the bios on that board before for others and have run into one small problem. The oprios to set the clock aren't there anywhere. To put them there I would have to rewrite the biggest part of the bios file to allow access IF the chipset is designed to allow access. Once I saw that then I didn't bother to go anyfurter. With that all I can say is sorry. Just isn't there to be easily.

Back