• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Abit-IT7 (845e)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vince22

Registered
Found the article at hexus.net, and looks very promising with lots of goodies (USB 2.0, UPDATE RAID-133, FIRE WIRE,ETC...). MOST IMPORTANTLY OVERCLOCKING FEATURES,STABILITY IN HIGH FSB 170+...DDR VOLTAGE UP TO 3.2 V
Now should I return my Abit-Bd7( just bought it 3 days ago) and wait for this board may be next month... Thanks again ....

Yes, the IT7 looks like an absolutely wonderful board. Its pricey ($200), and maybe a bit excessive (10 USB2.0 ports), but its Abit pushing the envelope again. Hmmmm..

I don't suppose they will release an i850 based MAX-board as well... cuz if they do, I'ld run out and get it. I'ld just love to get red of all that legacy stuff, never use it anyway :)

no PC2700 and NO faster than a BD7 ... a bit pointless if u ask me..... the i845G will be a much better board, and it will have PC2700 support..... :rolleyes:

CSHawkeye81 said:
i dont matter i am getting an it7 raid when i ever get the chance but i will wait and see how overall well they do.

You already have a BD7 ... the performance will be NO different ... it will be USB ports and raid that your getting the actual memory and board performance is exactly the same... bit poitless IMHO... :rolleyes:

just bought this for my buddy last Wednesday from Newegg. Shipped it Fedex Express and should get it by Wednesday... He also bought the Corsair PC3200. We'll see how far this thing overclocks...:burn:

Ok. Got the board and the memory in along with a Costa Rica 1.6A and Volcano 7+. We were able to stablize it at 2.8GHz @1.7V (175fsb). Installed WinXP and ran a few 3DMark and Sandra tests ok. My friend will continue to stress test for another couple of days.

Here are some observations with the factory BIOS:

No Cold Boot issues at all
Memory can be set to 1:1, 3:4 and 4:3
Max 1.7 Vcore
2.5-3.2V Memory
A few times, USB keyboard did not work after hard reset (have to clear CMOS)

About the Corsair PC3200 memory, it was not stable with 2-5-2-2 @200fsb (150fsb, 3:4) even @2.7V. It did post with 1.5-5-2-2 @130fsb but was not stable.

Tried talking him into watercooling and modding voltage pins but no go.

Sorry, chung_chang...

The price at newegg, as of May 16, is $158. An $18 drop.

Makes me wonder if sales have been slow. There's no mention of the board on the Abit website, except in PR about the MAX series in general.

Definitely let us know how that one y'all have runs. You and Hexus are apparently the only one's who have one... :)

Just a thought.

Did you "burn in" the RAM by slowly raising the FSB?
From some posts I've been reading, that seems to be the way to get it to run fast, not by shocking it all of the sudden.

I got mine last tuesday, and finally ditched my Abit-BD7 board.
Up and running last night and very happy with the results.
P4 1.6a o/c to 2.7ghz stable at 1.75v ( 3:4, 170fsb, 2.6.3.3) with Volcano+.
How do you post picture image in this forum. Just for Sandra results and board itself, by way the cables looks very neat,black color with abit labeled on it.

CC: New bios came out: http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/beta/
under IT7.

bios name: IT78y00.zip - bios compiled 5/3/02
notes:Enhance memory performance

I will try it later today after work...

egarrard said:
The price at newegg, as of May 16, is $158. An $18 drop.

Makes me wonder if sales have been slow. There's no mention of the board on the Abit website, except in PR about the MAX series in general.

Definitely let us know how that one y'all have runs. You and Hexus are apparently the only one's who have one... :)

I know what you mean. My friend is a compulsive buyer. What can I say? I figured the price would drop shortly after release but he wouldn't wait.

egarrard said:
Just a thought.

Did you "burn in" the RAM by slowly raising the FSB?
From some posts I've been reading, that seems to be the way to get it to run fast, not by shocking it all of the sudden.

Thanks for the advice. I'll relay it to my friend.

vince22 said:
I got mine last tuesday, and finally ditched my Abit-BD7 board.
Up and running last night and very happy with the results.
P4 1.6a o/c to 2.7ghz stable at 1.75v ( 3:4, 170fsb, 2.6.3.3) with Volcano+.
How do you post picture image in this forum. Just for Sandra results and board itself, by way the cables looks very neat,black color with abit labeled on it.

CC: New bios came out: http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/beta/
under IT7.

bios name: IT78y00.zip - bios compiled 5/3/02
notes:Enhance memory performance

I will try it later today after work...

1.75 Vcore? You must have modded voltage pins as the factory BIOS only goes up to 1.7V. I'll ask my friend to try the beta bios as well.

Yes, I did VID pins mods, up to 2.2V in the bios. Did try 180fsb at 1.85v ( temp. load 53 C ) but unfortunately unstable. Needs better cooling.

Vince22 : How does it compare to the the BD7 in terms of overclocking... could you reach higher??

I'm thinking of selling my BD7 for a IT7 due to the increased RAM voltages.

I have BD7-R which maxed out stable @2.65GHz with 1.7V. My friend's IT7 maxed out stable @2.8GHz at 1.7V. We both have 1.6A but didn't swap CPU to test. Here are some advantages:

IT7
10 USB 2.0 ports (8 ports provided out of box)
3 firewire ports (2 ports provided out of box)
10/100 LAN port
4 RAID IDE channels
more tweaking/stable factory BIOS
3 DDR DIMM sockets

BD7-R
6 PCI slots
PS/2 kb+mouse connectors
Serial and parallel ports
~$60 cheaper

Both boards benchmark the same at same BIOS settings.

Back