• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus ASUS P4S533 Motherboard for Intel P4 478

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mkapron

I am in the buy for a pentium 4 northwood would like to overclock it I have been looking at the ASUS P4S533 Motherboard for Intel P4 478 any rating on this board or is there somthing else that will work better to overlclock a 1.6

I just ordered a P4S 533 and a P4 1.6A cpu with 512meg of PC2700 memory.

I was thinking of starting off at 1.5v, 150x16, 2.4ghz, and see where to go from there. If I can get it to run at anything 2.2ghz or above, right out of the box, and be rock solid, that's good enough for me. :)

According to a lot of people, you can go to 2.2ghz-2.5ghz with a default cooling fan.

I got CoolerMaster HSF fan, not great, but I think it'll be good enough. I also got the DDR SDRAM heat spreaders, just in case.

Brit

Well I have this board and it oc's pretty good see sig. I can make it to 166fsb the highest it will go with ease, but my temps run to hot for my tasted since I only have the stock hsf. Waiting on a better one

I am buying this too.

I am planning on buying a 1.6a with the P4s533 but need a good hsf that doesn't cost to much. Does anyone know a hsf that will keep it cool much better than the stock one that isn't to much. Thanks

I got one

I just got a p4s533 and have my cpu at 2.5 ..ram at 4:6

140 fsb.

I keep gettng this error after it posts the cpu ,memory,hardrives /cdroms ..its says somthn error go find info under power options..[praphased] I will get exact error and post it. any way it says hit f1 to proced or del to enter bios ..what going on here ? I cant seem to get it off. extol have you had this priob ?if i hit f1 it loads the os just fine..winxp pro.
2 sticks mushkn 3200 ddr. 2x 256 mb. coper /water cooled.

Randy

I get a similar error on my P4S333. It turned out to be a fan's RPM were too low. I just disabled the fan. Go into the BIOS then to hardware monitor and what ever is causing the problem will show up in red.:D

ahhhh

I just got it fixed..I didnt see any of those arrows so i didnt know it could be changed ..The bios is a bit diff. then abits 's bios;s. !!!

I did a sandra memory thing and my memory was 30000/30000 somthn .. dam thats at 2.5.5ghs 210 memory Only time i got those marks on the abit bd7 i had my cpu at 2.7 and memory at 200... I will have to wait till my room drops to below 75f to start 3d mark 2001se..its 80 f right now. I do wish they had 3:5 setting for the ramm .

has anybody tried the beta bios yet ?? whats in it ?

So i can only set my ram to 2.5 or 2.7 or 2.9 ..??

damm i wish for 2.5 through 2.9 ..

Oh and i see the temps dont work either ..asus monitor no worky

say 40c always..

Thanks,
Randy

hmm

hey what is the .02 vcore for ? is it for jumper o/c or adding to the vcore above 1.7?

I set it and seemmeed to get 1.82 then set my ddr at 2.7 and the v core went back to 1.6 somthn .. I am lost here...how do i get 1.85 v

help..

oh and regarding the asus prob.. i am having trouble getting my cpu temp above 35c ...somthn still wrong. 35c at load withbna 2.5 p4.. no i dont think so .should be around 40c

Randy

Well the new probe has fixed my readings :)

I'm getting 31C idle and 42C full load with UD running :)

Thats in a Coolermaster ATCs - 201 aluminum case and a Coolermaster Silent P IV Heatpipe on the CPU @ 2.133Ghz and memory @ DDR400 Spec CAS2 6,3,3 timeings :)

This board is top dog :D

It eats the ABIT-BD7 alive... :beer:

Back