• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox i845 4BDA2+ power on problem!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

polandparker

Registered
Hi,
I have just installed a brand new EP4BDA2+ board. It has a PIV 1.8 Ghz with an alpha, brand new p4 power supply. It will not power on. Not even the PSU gets going. I have tried to exchange the AGP card to a PCI graphics card, I have tried my old power supply (which not has a 12v 4pin connector btw), I have tried removing one of the Crucial 512 Mb DDR (guaranteed to be compliant wiht this board as per their site selection thing) sticks. Nothing helps.

The board gets power though: "led1" just to the left of the "PWR FAN", to the right if the DDR slots, is shining red. Is this good or bad? There is a tiny battery symbol just by that led.

Thanks in advance,
Poland.

Re: power on

Hi,
thanks for your reply. But believe me, I have tried the power on button pins in every possible combination. A question: if the processor is incorrectly seated/broken, a board will never power on right? Maybe thats it - Ive got a broken PIV o my hands. Strange though; entirely new, had no problems at all when mounting it with the alpha.
Thanks again, Poland

re:

hi again -
found the problem. The pin connectors for power on and leds etc in my case were mismarked!
Now here's the next problem (Arrgh) . I cant boot with two sticks in! Got two Crucial 512. Works only when one of them is in (doesnt matter which). I tried uping the ddr voltage - even to 2.9 for a short test! Same thing - didnt help. Wtf?? Any ideas what to do?
Regards, Poland

Hmm..

Do both of the ram sticks work fine in slot one? Try different configs. Usually the best ones are slot1 then slot2. You coule try slot1 and slot3. Switch the ram around.

MospeadasDark said:
Hmm..

Do both of the ram sticks work fine in slot one? Try different configs. Usually the best ones are slot1 then slot2. You coule try slot1 and slot3. Switch the ram around.

The 4BDA2+ only has two memory slots.....so he can only swap them once....A and B ;)

ep-4bda2+.jpg

hmmmm, okay, i am new to p4s, so don't sue me :)... i just dled the manual for the board but it seems like it's more like a general manual so i am missing the point that i was getting at... normally at boards with 3 ram slots there is a description about how there ist only certain combinations of single and double sided rams allowed... could this be the problem as both rams seem to work fine when used single?

do you have some general thoughts about the board? i want to get it myself, and it looks sweet, especially the locked agp and pci settings...

Last edited:
Back