• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have I lucked into some good Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

Coz I can take this no brand PC2100 DDR Ram to a (DDR spped of course) to 294MHz!

I dont even know who makes it! I just slapped CPUFSB on my system a few days ago, and I managed to overclock straight to 147MHz FSB and it works fine... Though if I try 150 it immediately bums out on me (though it could be the CPU voltage for that).

Anyone else done this before?

Most pc2100 ddr memory should be able to hit 300mhz as long as the other components and specs of the system are ok.

I'm able to run stable at 150fsb w/ my PC2100 DDR.

yea but yours is crucial, my crucial does 155 and would probably
do a lot more if i unlocked my CPU

Starfox said:
yea but yours is crucial, my crucial does 155 and would probably
do a lot more if i unlocked my CPU

I'm sure mine would do 155 or more IF my bios had that FSB option. Unfortunately, the only fsb speeds avail in my bios are 133, 137, 143, 150, 166 and 200.

I should have never bought this mobo in the first place.

Last edited:
i wonder if the main difference between the chips in a generic ram and the chips in a corsair is the time they will run reliable at the overclocked frequencies.
ive never got a branded ram other than NEC and a compaq stick with the toshiba chips in it. the last one wouldnt overclock well because it was an ecc registered ram. all the necs were able to handle the high FSBs.
generics were also able to handle the high frequencies but i doubt they would last as longer as the mushkins (and others) would.

Back