• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks MrNatural i going try TH7.40b now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pgiinc

Registered
:p4 1.6a Northwood @ 2.4 G w/Retail HSF,150 fsb Abit TH7II, d7 bios 1.7 volt , 4x128 Samsung 8 device, wd 40gig , Visiontek Ti4600 128 meg Video ,Creative Audigy gamer, Nec USB 2.0 adaptor, 40 gig USB 2.0 external very fast drive, 2 cd burners TDK /Plextor, 21” Mitsubishi Big screen. Logitech Z-560 400watt

Yep flash done reads beta th7II raid bios Th740b.bin
for th7II
volts back to 1.85 and right now i going to crank it up some more going for 160fsb

:p4 1.6a Northwood @ 2.4 G w/Retail HSF,150 fsb Abit TH7II, d7 bios 1.7 volt , 4x128 Samsung 8 device, wd 40gig , Visiontek Ti4600 128 meg Video ,Creative Audigy gamer, Nec USB 2.0 adaptor, 40 gig USB 2.0 external very fast drive, 2 cd burners TDK /Plextor, 21” Mitsubishi Big screen. Logitech Z-560 400watt

Yet Again Mr Natural hits the spot!!

That extra 0.15V was just what I needed.....

1.8A at 2.664 (148x18) @ 1.85V 36C idle 50C Load - Alpha PAL 89427 With Delta FFB0812SHE 80mm 68CFM Fan HS lapped to 1200 Grit ASIII compound

AGP/CPU 2/4 - ASUS V8200 (GF3) & SBLive5.1 Plat

MEM 300 6X - 512MB Samsung (2x256) - 4x Papst 412H 40mm Fans cooling Rimms - Will post pics when I have finished

Case CoolerCase Tornado 6xYST 80mm Fans - 282 CFM

Enermax EG465AX-VE(G)(FMA) 431W PSU with 2 YST Fans

Still undecided about the Vram mod.

Will Prime95 Torture test later today.
:beer:

3 Hour Prime95 torture Test No Errors No Warnings

Max Temp 48C MB 31C

It Appears ASIII improve with age (re-fitted HSF yesterday) like they say on the website.

Will leave the machine run overnight but it looks promising.....

Get occasional two-tone alarms on boot - Overvoltage?

Pressing reset allows the machine to boot properly - otherwise no problems.

P4 1.8A at 2.664 @ 1.85V

Is your cold boot problem terminal or will it boot properly when you press the reset button?

As I said in my previous post the cold boot problem has been replaced by an occasional two-tone (assume over-voltage) alarm which is passed when you press reset.

I found that 7D was the best solution to the cold boot problem but Vcore was limited to 1.7V which would allow me to get my 1.8A to 2.4.

The problem is called "cold boot" because it occurs only when you start your comp cold. It always starts up duly when I press reset. As to the 7d BIOS, I know that it solves the cold boot bug. I referred to MrNatural's 40b BIOS, which is supposed to have solved teh problem AND give 1.85 V with Northwood CPUs.

Sorry lost the URL when I had to re-install XP due to a crash due to trying to push the Oc to far.

I think it's on Mr Natural's Website the URL of which is in another thread.

Sorry I can't be more helpful:(

pbs tell me what error code you get when you get those alarms when you boot, if its a 05 error then your computer may soon stop booting (read the other thread)

I only got the alarms a few times. I use past tense because I flashed the 40b BIOS and I haven't had the problem since then. But the blue screen error when WinXP starts to load has remained (only upon cold boots). The alarm was an alternating high/low sound, in fact I would call it a siren sound. It's when the system does not boot at all, i.e. the monitor remains in stand-by mode. I get the same alarm when I o/c too high, or when my CPU temp reached 70 C due to an incorrectly installed heatsink.

XP had become really unstable after trashing the install by pushing the OC to far - see other thread - tried all the options suggested but still could not get a stable overclock.

Resorted to a Low-level format of the drive and repartitioned it - I wanted to that anyway to make a 2GB Swap partition - Clean re-install of XP and now everything is OK again.

Don't think I will try for 2.7GHz again I will stick with 2.6.

Currently running Bios 7D at 2.4G for a few hours just to check stabillity.

I have found that moving my boot drive off the highpoint controller and onto the intel ide controller has resulted in zero XP corruptions, cold boot BSOD's, file system and partition corruption.

These happened about once per week when XP was on the hpt controller. I have not had a problem since I did this. My storage drives are on the hpt controller, but my XP drive is all alone on IDE 1.

I used to think that they were getting trashed from a too high overclock, but then I realized that overclocking requires cold booting at times and this is when it would happen - i.e. trashed system.

Back