• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra not reading AGP and PCI bus Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fountainhead

Hi all, I am running a P4b266-C, and a 1.8A P4 @ 125 with Samsung 2700 DDR. I was originally running at 132 but got the lo-hi beep from mbd and figured it was too hot, so backed it down to 125.
My question is why does SiSoft Sandra (latest, just dld), not read the PCI and AGP frequencies?
I checked my PC at work and it read that OK.
Could it be an Asus mbd thing?

Thanks again.

perhaps just a compatibility issue.
the last version on mine wont read the cpu temp well. it uses to read something about 6ºC! imagine that!
you can try installing a previous version since you wont lose too much. sandra lately used only to improve the compatibility to the newer stuff.

It only reads the 125 x 4 = 500.
It also reads the USB freq. of 48 mhz.
No PCI or AGP freq. listed, on the left hand side, there is not even a listing for "speed" on either one of them.
So weird.

I am using standard version also.
It works at my office on my p2 400 setup, but not at home on my p4 125 w/P4B266-C.
I am so puzzled.
I guess I have to find the Pro Version and try that.
Perhaps it has to do with o'clocking?

professional

Hi. I'm using Sandra Professional 2002 and it doesn't show AGP and PCI frequencies, neither. It also doesn't show the temperature :)

decypher, mine does show the temp, it appears to match the latest version of Asusprobes' measurement.

fountainhead

Where exactly is motherboard temperature in Sandra? When I was using MSI, it was shown in Mainboard information, in Environment Monitor section. After purchasing P4S333, I can't find the temperature in either mobo or CPU informations.

I think I am losing my mind. I can't find it again in Sandra. I must have imagined it.
If I do see it again, will let you know.

I've notice the same thing. Interesting fact for me: If I do not overclock the 1.8A, it reads both the PCI and the AGP speed fine. When I overclock, I cannot get a reading on either. Might have something to do with overclocking?

Back