• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7II Crazy Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

backlash

Registered
Okay, below are the specs and temperatures for my system. Do these temperatures sound reasonable for this type of set up?

Northwood P4 1.6A @ 2.49 gHz, RDRAM at 3x, 1.65 vcore actual, 2.63 vrambus
TH7II-RAID (vrambus mod and vcore mod with potentiometers)
78W peltier + watercooling (dangerden MAZE1C-1, 250 gph magdrive pump, heater core with four 80mm fans)
92mm fan with custom hood mounted on side panel blowing air on rdram
all fans controlled with rheostats

*all temperatures in celsius

for all fans at low speed:
AMBIENT TEMP = 25.5C

load no load cpuidle
cpu 46 31.5 14
system 37 29.5 21
rdram 37 36.5 36

for all fans at MAX speed
AMBIENT TEMP = 25.5C

load no load cpuidle
cpu 42 29 11.5
system 34 27.5 19.5
rdram 35 34 34

Last edited:
I have the same board.

[email protected] 1.65V
volcano 7+

my temps are a bit cooler

43c Idle (25c ambient)
53 full load (prime95 for 4 hours)

i think the board is reading high. You have way better cooling than me and you still in the 40's.

I have air cooling and my load CPU temps at 2.5 gig is mid 40's and system load temps are 28-30 degrees. I have lots of fans and cooling mods, but I figured your CPU temps would be running cooler with water. I do know those TH7-II require lots of case ventilation, so there are system temp improvements to be had by adding case fans.

thanks for the replies. i guess what i should really do is check it with an external probe. i just don't want to mess with the silicone sealing job that i already did. oh well.... should of have thought of it before hand.

if anyone else reads this, please post what temperatures you are getting with your set up. thanks.

this is just the thread i've been looking for.

room temp = 25C

IDLE:
system1: 33C
cpu: 43.5C
ram: ~37C

LOAD:
system1: ~38C
cpu: 54C

I'm afraid the winbond temperature readings are nearly correct. I stuck the temperature probe into some boiling water, and it read 100C, on the mark.

I have a 1.6A @ 2295mhz, (1.625V according to softmenu) (1.50V according to Winbond Hardware Doc) with stock hsf.

BTW...... is 1.5V my actual voltage, as Hardware Doc reports?

Last edited:
well, I changed the way the four 80mm fans were mounted on the heater core. I put a hood so that there was about a 1 inch space between the fans and the heater core. This way the inner fan housing is not butted directly up against the heater core, which was blocking air from flowing through that part of the heater core. The result was about a five degree celsius decrease for the cpu temperature. yippeee!!!! Still, my load temps are at 42C with Prime95 torture test with the fans at low setting (Northwood P4 1.6A @ 2.49 gHz, 1.67 vcore). Hm..... maybe my peltier is not powerful enough....

Last edited:
:) True.... True.... I guess the only reason I sound a little disappointed is because I was expecting lower temperatures with the setup that I have. By the way, my setup is described at the beginning of this thread. I have seen people with air cooling getting the same temperatures as me. I still wonder if that cpu temperature reading is correct....

backlash said:
:) True.... True.... I guess the only reason I sound a little disappointed is because I was expecting lower temperatures with the setup that I have. By the way, my setup is described at the beginning of this thread. I have seen people with air cooling getting the same temperatures as me. I still wonder if that cpu temperature reading is correct....

Some guys have their room in a frige or something. Roomtemps like 16-17° are normal for them. Their cpu temp wil also be much lower naturally.

And a lot of guys measuring their temps not at full load, or after a short time.

so I am guessing that the temperature readings are off a bit? jdmcnudgent's cpu temp was at 90C even with a vapochill unit, so there is atleast one other person with exceptionally good cooling but still getting a high temperature reading from the cpu. maybe it is because it is an internal diode on the cpu and not one that came with the motherboard. Some kind of miscalibration? i guess the only way to really know is to get an external probe and check it. Has anyone checked the cpu temperature with an external probe?

Back