• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Pentium Gigabyte GA-6BXD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hollywood43

Hi. I'm new here and I've got to say that this is so cool. I just spent 20 minutes looking through everybody's modified case pics. Wow, I just never had any idea! I can't wait to get started.

I have a Gigabyte GA-6BXD motherboard that I'm putting two Pentium II 400MHz Slot 1 processors into. Mainly because I already have the processors and the board. I was wondering if this is a good board to start learning with? Are my 400's overclockable? I don't really know where to start so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section of the forum. There seems to be a steep learning curve here and I'm going to do my best. I can tear down and put back together systems without any problem. But I've never modified one.... Thanks in advance for any help!!

hollywood43 said:
Hi. I'm new here and I've got to say that this is so cool. I just spent 20 minutes looking through everybody's modified case pics. Wow, I just never had any idea! I can't wait to get started.

I have a Gigabyte GA-6BXD motherboard that I'm putting two Pentium II 400MHz Slot 1 processors into. Mainly because I already have the processors and the board. I was wondering if this is a good board to start learning with? Are my 400's overclockable? I don't really know where to start so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section of the forum. There seems to be a steep learning curve here and I'm going to do my best. I can tear down and put back together systems without any problem. But I've never modified one.... Thanks in advance for any help!!

First off, Welcome to the Forums:D
That mobo you got is supposedly a good board ( I don't personnally have any experiance with it) from what I've heard, You should be able to get a decent o/c out that. You might get some more specific details if you ask some of the ppl's in the gigabyte section specific. Good luck w/ the o/c, You'll learn a lot around here so enjoy:)

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize there isn't a gigabyte section for intel.
Oh well, you'll still get the help you need.

Last edited:
Back