• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing cas to 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Garfield

I have mine at 2.5. Would there be any disadvantages to putting it down to 2.0? I think I will if it won't be bad. After all, that will better and fasten my data transfer. What do you think?

Garfield said:
I have mine at 2.5. Would there be any disadvantages to putting it down to 2.0? I think I will if it won't be bad. After all, that will better and fasten my data transfer. What do you think?
Just don't expect to get as high a FSB with cas 2 apposed to 2.5..If you have good RAM you should be able to find a happy medium..

you can get some problems but youll really need to test it to know.
the most common problems ive seen are the lockups at the startup screen or some registry error. if you get none, there is no disadvantage.

Crucial 256M DDR

I think I'll try it. No permanent damage? If it starts locking up or anything, I just change it back to 2.5? No harm done? I don't want to ruin the RAM.

Garfield said:
Crucial 256M DDR

I think I'll try it. No permanent damage? If it starts locking up or anything, I just change it back to 2.5? No harm done? I don't want to ruin the RAM.

Crucial runs very well at cas2 :)

Back