• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does my mem only have 1 side to it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i just got two sticks of 256mb 2700 samsung from newegg.com . i got two just incase one of them died, i will still have one working and my system will not be completly unusable. to my surprise, the black ram chips or whatever you want to call them, were only on one side... whats the deal with this? i have never seen this before.

I just checked with ATP (the current Samsung PC2700 I am using; it take me 30 seconds to walk to their office) about that one side 256MB RAM.

They told me that the one side version is using high desity memory chip which is same as all 512 MB Samsung PC2700 RAM. All ATP's 256MB PC2700 are one sided.

Those 2 sided 256MB PC2700 is using low density chip. However, the performance difference should be very small.

BTW, Emericana's RAM does like Samsung "original" version, which should perform quite well.

MV99

Back