• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK... When will the P4T533 be available?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
When will the P4T533 be available?

Will I be able to add a RAID 0+1 support card?

The USB2.0 was a nice touch but on board ATA133 RAID would have been even better.

Yeah they should have made a Raid version of that motherboard too, but you can always use a pci card for RAID.
When that sucker motherboard comes out its mine.

What is RAID used for?

While ur talking about it, what is RAID used for. Will I need it with my new system?

I can't give you the complete technical lowdown but I'll say this much...

EIDE ATA RAID is a method to either increase the write speed by writing to two drives simultaniously and writing half of the data on each drive as 0 RAID. Or using two drives as mirrors of each other so if one crashes the data will be intact on the other one as in 1 RAID. The best of both worlds is 0+1 raid using four drives as two pair arrays of 0 RAID drives mirroring each other. The downside of RAID is you have to get multiple drives. I'm going with RAID 1 as you don't really get enough of a performance boost with RAID 0 to justify it. HD failures OTOH are a fact of life. It's not a matter of if, but when.

SCSI server RAID is similar but many more configuration options are avilable.

Thanks for the info

It helped me understand it and i'm not going to go with it. Seems to complicated for me to learn right now cause im still learning about overclocking and cooling.

If you can get it on mobo, I'd go for it. You don't have to use it until later if you want. Other wise, ISNBD.:)

Back