• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TUSL2-C hacks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im not sure about what your asking for but one good hack i know is the alternative BIOSes for ppl planning to overclock using the TUSL2-C. there r a few things those bios will help with. just take a look at here if you are any interested.

I was looking for volt mods etc. but what u found for me i quite nice, well, im off to flashing:)

thanks h2k, it looks like a difficult mod, but maybie i'll give it a try sometime.

not sure about what your asking for but one good hack i know is the alternative BIOSes for ppl planning to overclock using the TUSL2-C. there r a few things those bios will help with. just take a look at here if you are any interested.
I cant flash in those bios', i tryed from both windows and dos, any suggestions?

I've been able to flash the x86-secret bioses without any problem. What kind of error messages are you getting?

Okay, here's what it says in windoze:

Warning! The date of BIOS image is
later than current one, please
flash the bios using ASUS DOS UTILITY
if you still want to do this.

Than i try'ed doing it using ASUS DOS UTIL (running DOS), and here it said it ´couldent read the file.

Try redownloading the hacked bios, and also aflash. Use a clean dos boot disk. I haven't had any problems flashing with aflash. make sure you enter the path correctly for the file. A:\1011tc.awd for example.

make a boot disk without autoexec.bat and config.sys. id recommend you to get a dos622 boot disk at bootdisk.com. then you boot the system with the disk and make another bootdisk, you just enter the command format with /s - "format a: /s".
copy aflash and the bios files to the root directory of the new disk and boot using it. just run aflash and enter the name of the bios file. if the program asks you about the date to be prior to the current version you just go ahead. thats it.
flashing the bios using aflash and a dos boot disk is supposed to be much better than anyway else.

Thanks h2k and otto, now i know what my mistake was, id dos at least, i just enterd 1011tctwk.awd and not A:\1011tctwk.awd, i just asumed that aflash would asume that the files wore on my floppy, it's obviusly been way too long since the last time i flashed under dos :p

I got the x86 secret bios running now, thanks for the helps, i dont think i'll do the volt mod just yet, i pin wrapped my cpu, and i think that will do just fine untill i get at least watercooling.

h2k said:
Here's the link I was talking about for the last few mins!
http://ja0hxv.calico.jp/pai/tucl2.html
It's not in english though. Altavista did a translation of it before, it can probably do it again.
Good Luck.

that board? i dont think that's a tusl2-c...

if anyone does the volt mod on the tusl2-c pls post some pics and a lil lecture cause i cant find one in english... it would be great help. thanks!

hammered_blue said:

that board? i dont think that's a tusl2-c...

if anyone does the volt mod on the tusl2-c pls post some pics and a lil lecture cause i cant find one in english... it would be great help. thanks!

Prove it ;)
That board looks exactly like my tusl2-c, it wouldn't be a TUSL2 because the onboard audio chips are missing.

ok. you probably are correct.

stupid question coming up:

why does he call it a tucl2? no mobo was made by asus under that name....

Back