• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RD-Ram based Board wich one should i buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

I´m now converting to P4 Northy with a RD-Ram based motherboard it´s the only way :). But wich Board should i get and what ram should i buy to it ( it shall be 256mb or above )

Please help me :)

Abit TH7II or Asus P4TE. The best there are out there at this time. Or Asus is fixing to release a P4T533, that supports a 133Mhz FSB. But the Asus P4TE supports it just not officially.

Yeah i just that P4T533 on Asus homepage it looks very nice :)

But where can i buy that nice board and when for i live en Denmark? :(

But how good r that Abit and asus ( P4T-E ) compared to each other??

I just saw today that the i850e chipset is being released, I think you should wait for it. the old 850 chipset ran at 400mhz FSB (ram @ 800mhz DDR) but the new one will run at 533 (ram = 1066) !!!

DaddyB said:
[the old 850 chipset ran at 400mhz FSB (ram @ 800mhz DDR) but the new one will run at 533 (ram = 1066) !!!

..for what I have read the 850E chipset supports only 133 MHz processor bus but it does NOT support PC1066 memory - not by Intel anyway. Intel has said that motherboard manufacturers will probably bring such boards on market that use 850E and support also PC1066 but functionality of these configurations is completely manufacturer's responsibility, not Intel's as Intel doesn't support PC1066.

wich one of those 2 boards r the best one to OC on???

that means Asus P4T-E or Abit TH7II

And does both of them support 1055mhz RD unoffially??

Back